Monday, April 27, 2009

OH my

Saturday was a super busy day. Up at 8 at the track by 8:40 and then spent the day writing down numbers until 6:15. It was a little chilly out so I didn't even notice that I was getting red. We leave the meet (in which my nephew placed 4th in shot, 1st in discus, and ran two really great races of 400) and head to a friends house for fun times. It was supposed to be our bunco night but we didn't have enough people so we decided that why should the ones that commit have to not have fun. So we ate, drank, chatted and then played some Wii. It was a lot of fun.

Little did we know that the next morning we would find that there had been a tornado touch down just a few miles away from where we were playing Wii. Anyway, the rains started sometime Sunday morning early after we got home. It rained and rained and rained. Then rained some more. The sirens even went off once here in town. When they did Greg and I both jumped up and ran outside. I know, not to smart but we wanted to see what was going on. It rained and rained and rained some more.

This morning I get up and I have a voicemail telling me that we are not having school due to flooding in our town. I had no idea. So I thought Greg and I were going to get to have a lazy day together but that didn't happen. He has to go to work because people are calling in freaking out about the water in their basements so I haven't seen him since he stopped by on his way to Wichita. I hope the waters have come down. Last I had heard they evacuated an apartment complex on the east side of our town. Hopefully the waters will come down and the people will get to go back to their homes. Today it might still rain but it's supposed to be nice tomorrow then rain again on Wednesday and Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment