Monday, March 9, 2009

Got to play Dr.

I guess issues with fingers must be running in our family. Greg sliced open his finger the other day and the minute that I saw blood on the walls and floor I KNEW something wasn't right. So I check on him at the kitchen sink and there is blood everywhere. I mean everywhere and it is getting worse. It was POURING out of his finger. So I hop to....I don't even remember what all I did but he said he was proud that I was his girlfriend.....Keep in mind when I cut my own finger I thought I needed to lay down and pass out. So I try to convince him that we need to go to the ER and have his finger sewn back together. BUT (if you have a man in your life you know what comes next) he doesn't want to go. "It will be okay" is what he says, as he pulls this stringy thing out of his cut and I get the scissors and cut it off. I don't know what it was and I don't think I want to. So I get it all cleaned up and we head to the store to get more stuff to keep it together. Now is when I start feeling light headed and a little sick at my stomache. So I say to him "I think we need to get out of this store."

All said and done I have butterflied his finger back together twice and I was okay both times. The smell of blood though is horrible and it took a long time to get the smell out of my head. Today the slice opened up again and I begged him to go to the Dr. Again you know what I got...."NO it will heal on it's own." So there I was butterflying it back together again. So I'll keep Doctoring it as long as I can and hope to God that it heals like it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment